Business and operations manager
Business and operations manager
What the role is accountable for:
Bob Group is looking for an enthusiastic Business and operations manager to join our team. The role will be responsible for managing the operations of Bob Group’s payment service offering, Bob Pay.
This position will report to the Head of Business.
A typical day may include:
(Note: this is a description of what most of your days should look like. You might be required to perform duties outside of this scope from time to time).
- Managing all operational aspects related to our payment service offering.
- Lead project execution within the payment function, in line with the broader business strategy.
- Implement new, and improved existing processes to unlock optimisations in delivery efficiency and reliability metrics.
- Regularly review the payment service’s performance and proactively address any issues or concerns raised internally or by clients.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams, to ensure sales and marketing strategies for the payment gateway service are implemented and executed.
- Provide proactive communication, and work with marketing to keep all clients informed about new features and product updates.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify growth opportunities and stay updated on industry trends.
- Develop strategic plans aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Continuously monitor competitor activities and market dynamics to stay ahead of the competition.
- People management: As the team grows, this role will be required to manage and lead the team with the support of HR.
- Manage customer-related queries.
- Build positive relationships with customers and business associates.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful execution strategies and deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Analyse data and generate reports to track progress towards goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimise processes and resolve any operational or technical issues affecting accounts.
- Work closely with other internal teams to ensure a positive customer experience for our customers.
Qualifications we look for:
Qualifications (required): Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related.
Experience we look for:
- Function-related experience: 7+ years working experience, of which 3+ years should be in a leadership role.
- Industry-related experience: ecommerce and payment gateway experience is preferred.
- For this role, applicants must have experience in finance and compliance.
How the role raises the bar:
- Analytical skills: A good operations manager should have sharp analytical skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skill: Critical thinking and problem solving skills will help the operations manager to understand and resolve the challenges that the sellers are facing.
- Communication skills: A great operations manager must have good verbal and written communication skills. Dealing with challenging sellers will require a shade of discretion and diplomacy.
- Time management and organisational skills: Ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance is critical for the role of an operations manager.
- Ownership: Sense of ownership and pride in performance, and its impact on the company’s success
- Work under pressure: Dealing with constraints which are often outside of your control – these might be resource or time constraints, the difficulty of the task or having insufficient knowledge required to complete the task, or unforeseen changes or problems.
- Project management skills: An operations manager should be able to juggle multiple clients and keep strategic account plans on track.
About this role:
This is a senior role, based at our offices in Menlyn.