What the role is accountable for:
A software developer is responsible for the writing and implementation of efficient code. This role-profile is specifically for a React Developer.
A software developer will report to the Tech Lead/Product Owner.
A typical day may include:
- researching, designing, implementing, and maintaining software.
- develop and execute to a high standard of work against development plans. This involves all technical activities within the team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing etc.).
- be accountable for following the direction set by the management team and/or generally accepted best practices are followed.
- working closely with other developers, UX designers, support consultants, business partners and customers.
- maintain proper coding practices and documentation, even under deadlines.
- keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
- detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- provide timely solutions.
- apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
- provide support and documentation.
Qualifications we look for:
- Essential Qualifications: Matric/Grade 12
- Preferred Qualifications: Tertiary qualification or degree
Experience we look for:
- Analytical skills: A good software developer should have sharp analytical skills. Analytical skills will help break up a complex software system into smaller units to gain a better understanding.
- Creative and efficient problem solver: A good software developer must have the ability to conceptualise and solve complex problems.
- Time management and organisational skills: Developing software could be a demanding job. A software developer must efficiently manage workload, have high productivity, exhibit optimal time management, and organisation skills.
- Communication Skills: A good software developer must have good verbal and written communication skills. Dealing with customers and fellow developers will require a shade of discreteness and diplomacy.
About the role:
Structure: Hybrid working, with three days in office and two days remote.
Office location: Menlyn